Conditions and Symptoms
Select a condition to read more about it:
- Back pain and sciatica
- Repetitive strain injury, carpal tunnel syndrome and tennis elbow
- Neck pain and whiplash
- Shoulder problems (including frozen shoulder)
- Sports and other traumatic injuries
- Unsettled babies and baby colic
- Groin pain, pelvic tilt and uneven leg length
- Menstrual and hormonal problems
- Digestive and bowel problems
- Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome
- Earache and TMJ problems
- Migraines and other types of headaches
- Hip, knee, ankle and foot problems
- Tension, stress and sleep problems
- Respiratory problems and hayfever
- Ailments in children and adolescents
- Digestive & bowel problems
- Irregular & painful periods
- Respiratory problems
- Fertility problems
- Prostate problems
- Luteal or pre-menstrual stress
The hormones released in your body are chemical messages that interact with other endocrine glands, and are responsible for regulating and controlling most of your bodily functions – how sleepy you are, how stressed you’re feeling, regulating your bodily temperature, etc. They can contribute to how much fat your body stores and where it keeps it. They control when puberty or menopause occurs, whether we laugh or cry, feel bonded with another or can increase our heart rate with fear or frustration, excess heat or exertion. They control our hunger, sex drive and moods, our metabolism, blood pressure, digestive functions, T-cell and insulin production and they have many other functions.
Hormones are prime controllers and regulators within the body, and work optimally when the mind, body and spirit are developed and maintained with integrity.
Most hormonal imbalances are caused by external factors such as how stressed we are, insufficient sleep, our diet and what it contains, toxins whether in foodstuffs, medication or alcohol, exercise, family & social relationships, industrial and domestic chemicals, etc. Hormone imbalance may also be due to any medical condition that impacts or involves the endocrine system, such as problems with the thyroid.
The Bowen Technique is a holistic therapy that impacts the whole body. It should not be surprising that we can address hormonal irregularities with Bowen Therapy.
At Better With Bowen you will be treated by a therapist with utmost respect and integrity. To ensure peace of mind, all your information is confidential and covered by the Data Protection Act.
Hormonal imbalances which will benefit from Bowen therapy include: